Falling Back: Moms on Call’s Guide to Thriving Through the End of Daylight Savings
As if changing the clocks back and getting ourselves adjusted wasn’t difficult enough! How do we also ensure our little’s entire schedule doesn’t get thrown off? We’ve got the tips you need to thrive through the end of Daylight Savings and falling back.
On Sunday November 6th, 2022 daylight savings comes to an end and we roll our clocks back an hour. As if changing the clocks back and adjusting wasn’t difficult enough on us adults, how can we ensure that our little one’s entire schedule doesn’t get thrown off too? Follow our guide to thriving through the end of Daylight Savings.
Hint: It’s not as hard as you think! Let’s break it down!
First, make sure the Moms on Call basics are in place.
- Use Moms on Call’s famous Typical Day schedules (found in our books and courses) to help:
- Develop and keep amazing sleep habits!
- Promote proper digestion!
- Encourage appropriate development for your baby’s age by following their natural daily rhytimes
- Give you freedom (with flexibility)! Because let’s face it, in parenting, freedom is a planned endeavor. Flexibility is built in to help keep everyone on track when things inevitably don’t go as planned!
- Create an ideal sleep environment, that is both effective and safe! The most important elements are:
Next, follow these 5 simple steps!
- Saturday night, November 5th, put your child to bed at the usual time.
- Before you go to sleep, roll your clocks back an hour.
- Sunday morning (November 6th), wake your child when the clock is at their normal wake-up time. Resist the urge to go in earlier!
- Keep the rest of the day on your regular schedule, following the clock and not baby’s cues.
- Be patient! Transitions typically take 3 days! And before you know it, both you and baby will be adjusted! You can do this, and they can too!
Remember, the best way to set our kids up for success is to focus on the things that we can control, like the sleep environment and the routine! They will figure the rest out!