Nighttime Magic, Where Imagination Takes Shape
Before we send our little ones off to sleep, we find there is a connection made in sharing imagination through the pages of some of our favorite stories. Moms on Call curated a quick list of our favorite books to share with you and your little one. Keep reading for the full list!
There is a place, a secret place where bonds are formed and tiny neurons are dancing with excitement. It is a powerful place that can build things in the heart of a child that last long beyond their toddler years. That is the time that they have your full attention, the time you are focused and silly and soft. It is the magic that happens when we read to our kids before bed.
There is a connection made in sharing imagination with your child, predictable turns of pages and voice inflections coupled with closeness that makes a bond in a million different ways, some we see and some we do not.
This is the time we find our favorite stories that will stay with us. But the best of it can only be measured in how it makes us feel. So, whether it is a story you share before bed, read to the class or secretly read even when the kids are not around…stories fuel our soul.
Here is a list of a few of our favorites:
- The digital mention has to be our ultimate favorite….Super Duper Pooper by Jennifer Walker.
- The rhyming book that helps familiarize kids with the wonder that is potty training.
- The Pout Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen.
- It is such a great way to lead into those sweet good night kisses.
- The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton.
- This one is pretty self-explanatory.
- The Beginner’s Bible
- Such a great way to share faith stories that are foundational to many households.
- The Best Little Word Book Ever! By Richard Scarry.
- Your little Engineer will thank you from the bottom of their labeling heart!
Shop these books and our other favorite products on our amazon store front, here.
These are just a start, but do yourself a favor, just read. You do not need the input of the entire universe to know what resonates with you and your kids. As we say on the Moms on Call Podcast, “The best decision is the one you make”. Connect in the best of ways by reading about the things that make you laugh, give you all the feels and mean something to you. At the end of the day, the magic is not in the book, it is in you.
Moms on Call provides simple, sensible parenting resources to sleep, feed, laugh and love birth through toddlerhood. You can find tips like this and more in our books and Online Video Courses for 0-6 months where we cover everything from feeding and sleeping to schedule transitions and typical days at each stage.