Diaper Changing Do’s And Don’ts
What’s at your diaper station? It’s key to have everything in place so that you’re prepared for anything! And we mean ANYTHING! Even the most experienced diaper changers have had their fair share of being peed on and the occasional poo explosion.
Photography courtesy of Libelle Photography
Moms on Call is excited to walk you through all of the do’s and don’ts of diaper changing, including the necessities for your diaper changing station.
Changing little ones can sometimes be a challenge, but before you know it, you’ll be changing diapers in your sleep!
It’s key to have everything in place so that you’re prepared for anything! And we mean ANYTHING! Even the most experienced diaper changers have had their fair share of being peed on and the occasional poo explosion.
What’s at your diaper station?
I like having a set place for everything! Have a safe place to change your baby with a basket or two filled with your essentials nearby! This may be in the drawer of the changing table/dresser or on a surface within arms reach.
Start with a safe place to change baby
- Some families use a dresser or changing table with a pad. You can also change the baby on a changing pad set on the floor or bed.
- Please remember safety first! If you are using a changing table, follow the pad’s instructions for anchoring it to the table and use the safety straps provided.
Never leave baby unattended
- If you are in need of something and no one is around to help, pick up the baby and bring them with you!
- Be prepared with more than one size! You never know how big or small a baby may be when arriving home.
- This is a great thing to ask for at your baby shower! You can never have too many diapers, and most stores will allow you to trade unused packages in for a different size!
- Find a brand you love and buy these in bulk! We love Kirkland’s brand!
- There is never a time you won’t need wipes! (We personally keep packs in almost every room!)
- Spit up, pee and so much more will happen at this diaper station. Have backups!
- If there is a blowout, you’ll want to have an additional outfit within reach so that you are NEVER leaving the baby unattended.
Now that you’re prepared for ANYTHING, watch our diapering video to learn how to safely change your baby step-by-step!
[/fusion_text][fusion_vimeo id=”358625212″ alignment=”center” width=”” height=”” autoplay=”false” api_params=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” css_id=”” /][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=””]
Like this video? Then you will love our Online Video Courses, which are like having a pediatric nurse (who believes in you!) at your fingertips. We walk with you step by step through each stage of the parenting journey with our bite-sized, value-packed videos that coach you through schedule transitions and developmental milestones, all while addressing the most common questions, topics and concerns that we’ve heard in our 20+ years of pediatric (and parenting) experience.
Our courses are designed to perfectly complement our books, swaddle blankets and apps. At Moms On Call, we are dedicated to providing positive, practical and effective ways to help parents feel more confident and rested. You’re already a great parent—we’re here to help you better understand your little one and enjoy the parenting process with practical advice that really works! Visit our website at www.momsoncall.com to view all of our resources that will help you to sleep, feed, laugh and love birth through toddlerhood!